Notification of the 26th Event of Cuban Nationality
The House of Cuban Nationality officially announces the 26th Theory Event of Cuban Nationality to be held annually from October 17th to 20th in Bayamo, Granma.
This year it will be dedicated to the 150th Anniversary of the beginning of the Independence War and to Cuban National Anthem´s first singing. It also announces the 3rd Workshop on National Identity and Socialization Processes, which will be aimed at debate and reflection about national identity and socialization processes regarding their contribution to cultural identity in Cuba. This one will be under the auspices of Granma´s Board of Social and Humanistic Sciences.
Main topics for discussion will be about national liberation and both historical and cultural bonds between Iberoamerica and the Caribbean nations.
Themes for debate:
1. Historical and contemporary perspective on national formation studies.
2. Historical, artistic, literary and hereditary significance of wars for independence in Cuba, Iberoamerica and the Caribbean.
3. Cuban, Iberoamerican and Caribbean thinking.
4. Cultural practices in communities and nations.
5. Historical cities.
6. Preservation of cultural heritage.
7. Cultural, historical and social studies regarding identity and globalization issues.
8. Natural heritage and ecological sustainability practices.
9. National art and literature.
The scientific program will be fulfilled through lectures, presentations, and panels according to subject. Papers will be required in PDF Document format, Microsoft Power Point slides, poster, and video.
Applicants should send abstracts via email in no more than 250 words stating its work´s objective, subject´s current state, contribution, and results.
Personal data should be sent along with abstracts, providing the following information:
• Full name
• Identification number
• Scientific degree
• Work place
• Email address
Registration fee (to be paid when getting credentials)
• For foreign applicants: 100 CUC
• For foreign students: 50 CUC
Credentials will allow:
• Enjoying welcoming ceremony to the 26th Event of Cuban Nationality
• Getting the event´s full program copy
• Getting a folder containing office material and event´s souvenirs
• Getting interviewed by the press
• Having 24-hour protocol service (plus interpreting service if needed)
• Getting invitations to shows at the Cubanhood Festival to be celebrated simultaneously in Bayamo.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about artistic proyects from different cultural institutions.They will be able to enjoy book, local crafts and traditional cuisine fairs, as well as art exhibits, organ music listening, concerts, and plays. Videos about regional culture will be played at public squares, communities, universities, schools, cultural centers and public areas.
They will also have access to tourist information around the island, being Sierra Maestra National Park and Desembarco del Granma National Park strongly recommended not only for their proximity to Bayamo, but for both their natural and historical worth as well. To get a value pack, participants should contact the Paradiso Tourist Agency for offers that include travelling tickets, lodging, transportation, meals, and leisure activities to enjoy before and after the event. Such activities include trekking, city tours, visits to museums, and trips to some other eastern provinces.
For further information, please contact:
BA. Sury Sosa Jiménez, Paradiso Tourist Agency´s representative in Granma.
Phone numbers: 53 23 411844 / 0152871194
For general information, please contact:
House of Cuban Nationality
Phone number: 53 23 424833
Web site: www.crisol.cult.cu